9.03.2012

It's easy once you know how it's done

Ok guys, this is gonna be a quick one. Just wanted to check in with a short update.

It is Day 3 of my 30 day yoga challenge... Day 1: Jazzed to start. Day 2: Amazing. Day 3: Didn't go quite as well. To explain, here is the culmination of day 2:


Sorry for the blurry pic. My husband's photography skillz are legendary. Anyhoo, if you read my first post about embarking on this crazy mission, my goal for this whole endeavor was to be able to do a headstand. The first day I was too scared to try it. Surely I wasn't ready yet. But day 2 I decided "hey, I might as well try it to see where I'm starting from." I figured I could at least work on the setup but before I knew it... My feet flew up over my head! It felt so natural! I couldn't believe I'd done it! I was so excited I couldn't even settle down into Shavasana after this. I ran out, grabbed my husband, handed him the camera and threw my feet up there again. Granted, it's no where near perfected. There is no way I could do it without the door's support at this point. But to say the least, I may have over done on day 2.

Hence, today I woke up feeling stiff an achy. Took it kinda easy today. Mostly just stretching really deeply to work out all the kinks. And while I'm feeling better in the omg-I'm-moving-like-a-robot department, I'm kinda a little bummed that I couldn't work it as hard today. But I guess that's just part of the whole process. Learning to listen to your body and knowing what you can do and what you need to do. And, Scarlett O'hara style- "Tomorrow is another day!" And day 3 brings us to 10% completion of the Challenge! Lol. Its all about baby steps and mini goals.

Looking forward though, my aunt sent me a video to check out and I have to say, this chick looks pretty kick butt. If you're looking for an intensive core strengthening yoga routine-check her out! I know I will be!


In other news, my husband promoted this weekend!!! Yay!!! So ridiculously proud of him and evrything he's accomplished in the past few years. So, between that and me finally being done with my last job, we have been celebrating this whole holiday weekend. And it has been glorious! This next week will be my first in the world of Self-employment and I'm so excited! I'll be putting the finishing touches on my newly redone office (pics to come!) and building up all my different locals on the social media scene! Hoping to have some merch up by the end of the week!

So stay tuned for more excitement and to everyone joining me on this 30 Days of Craziness: Keep rockin!!!


Tootles!
Lindsey

No comments: