8.14.2012

Don't. Stop. Belieeeeeeeeeeeeeeving!


The answer: quit my job and start my own business creating and selling my art. I've pondered this for quite some time. Never seriously. Never out loud. Its always been more of a daydream. But after some soul searching and a long talk with the hubby... I've decided to go for it. 


I've never been a satisfied "9-to-5er". I've had some jobs I've enjoyed more than others, but none that ever seemed to really be fulfilling. So I'm gonna make the jump. I'm gonna work for a boss I like, for hours that fit the life I want to have, and create beauty and send it out into the world. Another bonus? More time to spend with my husband while he's home. :)

source  

I will admit though, I'm definitely stepping out of my comfort zone on this one. Ok, straight up? I'm scared. What if no one likes my product? What if no one buys anything? What if I'm a complete and total failure at LIFE, THE UNIVERSE AND EVERYTHING??? Safe to say, I've got a pretty bad case of the what-if-itis. These motivational pics are as much an anchor to sanity as for your viewing pleasure. Pretty though, huh?

 source left                                                                                           source right


Really though, I am excited. I'm in the process of revamping my office to get ready. New paint, new desk. Just got a new computer. Just started this snazzy new blog. Gonna be awesome. So for all those interested in sharing this journey with me, stay tuned! And on that note, here's one more pretty pic :)


cheers!
-Lindsey

2 comments:

Kylie C said...

You can do it!!! The worst possible thing that could happen is you end up going back to a 9 to 5 for a while. You can't actually fail. I think you are going to do great!!

Unknown said...

Lindsey -
I have total faith in you & I'm super excited about this new venture. I know this is something that's been calling to you for a long time and it's good you're answering that call :) I hope I can be one of your first customers! I might not be much good advice, but I do have connections to some good business professors at the school I work at if you ever need some pointers.
Much love,

Lisa